Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Newest Project: The Paradox

From: http://ift.tt/1hmYa1A



http://ift.tt/1hmYa1C

Good news and bad news:


The good news is I’ve begun writing my next work of fiction. The bad news is although it is related to my first two novels, it is not technically the third in the series.


I need a break from the third installment of Fate’s Haven. Not because I’m not enjoying the story but because until I work out a few details I believe I’ll be doing the story a disservice. Instead, I’m working on something I’m pretty excited about.


While writing The Enemy Within, I introduced an idea known as the Void. I won’t go into any major details because I don’t want to spoil the story. Suffice it to say the Void was a concept that grew with the story, branching out enough that it struck a particular chord that has been in my mind for more than a decade.


As I’ve stated on this blog in early posts, I began writing a long time ago. My first real project that I felt was suitable for an audience was a short story (roughly 20k words) called Paradox. I thought it was decent and always planned to rewrite it, fix a few issues with the plot, finish writing the follow-up I began, and release them as a single story. But as I neared the end of The Enemy Within, it became apparent there was a major link between it and my old short story. Both included the Void in one form or another. The only difference was what I chose to call it.


I’m rewriting Paradox, looking at it through the eyes of The Enemy Within and connecting them together. If you’ve read it, you may have an idea about what I’m referring to. If you haven’t, you won’t be lost. As I said before, this isn’t technically the third in the series. It won’t affect the third installment at all.


The best part if this is I’m not planning to charge for this one. I’m new to all this and my sales couldn’t get much worse than an average of 0.8 per month. I need something to help spread my name and I think something shorter might be the best way to help boost a loyal readership.


I’m only a few thousand words in and have only begun writing. It will take me some time to complete the project. But once it’s finished, all digital editions will be free. I’m debating about making print copies. Those just don’t sell well but I like having them for myself.


I’ll post updates from time to time to let you all know where the project stands. I know there are readers out there who enjoy watching the entire process unfold.


Until then, thanks for your support.




Filed under: Marketing, The Paradox, Writing Tagged: Amazon, E-book, eBook, Fate's Haven, Fiction, Free, Kindle, Nook, Self-Publishing, Short Stories, The Enemy Within, The Paradox, Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment