Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Journey Through Self-Publishing: A Plea for Support

From: https://ddennisbooks.wordpress.com/2013/08/17/my-journey-through-self-publishing-a-plea-for-support/



http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments/ddennisbooks.wordpress.com/164/

When I began writing my first novel, I never intended to have it published. As I stated in a previous posting, I have written short stories in the past. They too were never published. My research into the world of publishing left me with an over-whelming feeling that A) my chances of landing a deal were slim to none and B) there’s nowhere for a hobbyist such as myself.


A Facebook article from Barnes & Noble advertising their eBook publishing program changed all that. A few months later I discovered a handful of other companies offering similar resources and today something I began as a hobby intended for my wife is readily available from multiple sources for any electronic e-reader, computer, and even physical print copies (both paperback and hardback).


Marketing has never been my strongest subject. Though I hold a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (albeit for Information Security), marketing was not my strongest subject. I understand how social media works and spent time ensuring my own social media avenues were inter-connected for optimum efficiency. What I don’t excel at is spreading the word to new potential customers.


If you have read any of my novel, please encourage those around you with similar taste to check out samples. If you or someone you know finished reading it, please leave some feedback on Amazon or wherever you purchased it from. My greatest marketing tool is word-of-mouth and its biggest driver is social media.


Thanks again for all your support.




No comments:

Post a Comment